So what is not stress? The first thing that comes to mind, as I write this, is pet fish in a tank/bowl. Next what comes up is a sleeping baby, sunset, sunrise, the stillness of a river, the magnificence of a mountain. So in this moment, what comes to mind for you, when asked the question of "what is not stress?"
Usually these external 'things' when focused upon bring forth a sense of calming peace. Almost as though it is one calming energy. So the above exercise is one quick way that can invoke feelings of serenity/ peace.
Are you open to another quick and easy way to invite up a serene -peacefulness from within? If so, read on ...
1. In this moment can you take the very first "someone or something" that brings to mind, a feeling of stressfulness? Perhaps it just might be something about your lovely self .. that you don't find apparently "lovely" eg- the sight of your body clothed, or not. Perhaps you are "coulda, woulda or shoulda" about your 'past' responses from an old traumatic intimate relationship. Perhaps your judging/disapproving your own beautiful self, based on external beliefs and it has been causing you great "dis - stress" ........
2. Could you just allow yourself to notice that feeling, and let it be here, as best you can? (simply pause and notice ...... )
3. Would you like to keep holding onto that ? Yes/no?
4. So could you simply decide to let that feeling go, and set it free?
5. Could you let that feeling go some more?
6. And even more than that?
7. (and you could also continue to ask - could I let go? ........ and let go? .......and let go........ and let go?) allowing for noticing/pausing - beyond each time releasing/ 'letting go' is happening ........
8. Now check and see. How does it feel now? Usually it will feel much free-er, lighter and or more open. And can you simply welcome that feeling of 'freedom" ..... now, and now, and now! 💕🙏🏽
If you would like some similar introductory rounds of questions such as the above, then this introductory pdf guide on the how-to of releasing, could provide you with some expanded tips for releasing those emotions, quicker and easier. It has two more similar exercises for inviting up that serene peace within and noticing 'what is not stress'! Your email is kept private and confidential.
In my late twenties there was a trend that 'blonds were dumb and stupid'. Furthermore, if you were a "Tasmanian" (born in the state of Tasmania, Australia) you had two heads, were inbred and quite 'backward', mentally!! So where did that leave me? .... I was living and working in the state of Queensland, Australia where these beliefs were filtering through, I was blond, and came from Tasmania! At the time, this external disapproval did not bother me so much. Yet, I noticed some years later, that a friend of mine was quite upset by the "two headed Tasmanian" reference, as she was also a "Tasmanian".
My response to the comment "two headed Tasmanian" used to be "Yes, it's great because I have two heads, so I have two brains, so I am twice as intelligent!" Furthermore, it just so happened that later in life I had a skin cancer removed (42 stitches) from my shoulder which left me with a scar. So I used this as proof that one of my 'heads/brains' had been removed and I was quite disappointed, as now I was just functioning from one brain only! I offered to go with my friend and speak with the person who degraded her, and show them my scar and explain about the benefits of "being a two headed Tasmanian", at that time! Yet, we decided we were enough, regardless.
Fortunately in those two instances I did not 'buy into' those particular external beliefs, and even had some fun with it! Yet, there were times in my life when 'external disapproval' really got to me, and Im thinking this could be the case for you as well. So what is the solution to this? Of course, no one deserves to be degraded, and I would advocate, standing up for how you are feeling for having what is supportive for you, and those around you. Furthermore, it can be very supportive to release the unwanted feelings that come up around disapproval within you, and allow them to dissolve. Thereby giving yourself the feeling of approval and more! This way, you can truly 'be' standing on your own 'two feet', because in some situations, there could be a time when you cannot find someone to support you.
Now the quote in the above image, is pointing to this. It is referring to an unlimited nature that is always within. It is pointing to, inviting you, to take back your 'peaceful power' simply because it feels so much easier and supportive from which to be functioning from. Another exploration is to decide to, (if you are open to it) " let go of ...... allowing yourself to be controlled by that person/place/thing". The best way I know how to do that is through 'freeing up' these unwanted feelings (and more) when they arise, through a simple method that was developed by Lester Levenson. It is the 'how-to' of letting go/releasing emotions and more! I was fortunate enough to learn this method through a mentor named Hale Dwoskin. Who states "don't believe a word I say". I found this supportive, as I could check from within myself, no matter what everyone else was saying, to see what was true for me. This is an unwavering truth, in my experience. I also found it very beneficial to have Hale and his team of Instructors open to the discovery that 'you' are doing the releasing, not them. So, there isn't a sense of 'idol-ism'. The Sedona Method Team, often guide you to notice that there is nothing 'special' about them, or what they do, and Facilitators and Coaches of this Method are invited to open to this as well.
If you haven't already noticed, it is this Method that I am choosing to Coach, with because of its profound effectiveness - to name just one advantage. It is called The Sedona Method. More info here You are also most welcome to read all the free info I have presented on this website from my experience/s and gains of applying The Sedona Method and the teachings of Lester Levenson in my own life. I am forever grateful for it all, and also for another mentor, Jack Canfield, who first introduced Hale, and the Sedona Method, at his Breakthrough To Success seminar in USA.
**Often unwanted feelings , thoughts and beliefs about a particular situation, person, place or thing can be a 'hold back'. It does not allow us to take a priority step for moving forward in a positive direction. Feelings of 'doubt' can come up.
**In this free 11 min free audio and Introductory PDF you can be gently guided to release and 'let go' of any of those unwanted 'doubt' feelings that arise in any moment. You can experience how to 'open' and notice, those feelings of 'inner certainty', inner strength, courage and come from a sense of being 'at peace' for moving forward. Simply opt in below and instantly receive the audio and pdf. No obligations. Your information is kept private & confidential.
So here is a quick example. In this moment, can you allow yourself to notice any situation that brings up the feeling of self doubt? And can you allow yourself just to notice that feeling of 'doubt', could you let that feeling be here? And just for now, can you allow yourself to look through that 'doubt' feeling ...... and notice what's beyond ....... ? These questions are just one round of questions that are greatly extended with this coaching. There are at least 2 further questions that go with these. Yet, you may have noticed that it is now a little 'freer' around the feeling already? If you would like to experience more of these simple releases feel free to opt in on any of the pages on this website for the freebie of your choice. Wishing you much inner freedom, especially beyond any doubt, worry or fear feelings 💕
1. Mindset: I can, I will (anon.)
2. Inhale confidence, exhale doubt! (anon.)
3. Confidence is not "they will like me". Confidence is "I'll be fine if they don't!"
4. It's not what you are that is holding you back. It's what you think you are not! (anon.)
5. You can admire someone else's beauty without questioning your own.
6. It's a good day to have a good day! (FoodMatters)
7. I nourish my mind, body and soul with my thoughts.
8. You can be a good person with a kind heart and still say no. (tinybuddha.com)
9. A flower does not think to compete with the flower next to it. It just blooms. (anon.)
10. Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong! (Charles M Schulz)
Also check yoganess.net for more info.
Personal Transformation Coach | Personal Growth.
Kate Burke is a Certified Professional Coach & Sedona Method Facilitator, with a Ba.Ed. in Health and Phys. Ed. She is a best selling author on amazon, and one of her specialties is Empowerment and Confidence Coach for Women.