as well as, an audio for "How to let go of holding onto self doubt." Take back your inner peaceful power and be fully present, confident and 'knowing' in the very moment. You are most welcome to sign up for the course below and get instant access. By doing so you are also opting for monthly newsletter information/updates.
Sometimes when we are 'wanting to change' something, we actually do not have that restful feeling of the possibility of it 'changing'. Nor are we feeling into seeing it, as already changed with ease and grace, from which to actually change it ......... and this can cause feelings of great 'stressfulness'.
You may be aware of what is termed The Serenity Prayer by Reinhold Niebuhr. If not, here it is,
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."
So what is change? The earth as it rotates, our body cells as they function, and breathing are all 'ever changing'. So what allows for this 'changing'? What is aware of this 'changing'? It would appear that it is an awareness, as such. What is actually aware, of this awareness?
As these questions are asked ..... do you have an answer? (ask yourself the questions again if need be) Usually, there is not an answer. So would it be all right with you, just for now, to not have an answer? If so, can you notice that through allowing yourself, in this moment, to simply, rest and allow not having the answer to be all right, there is a stillness, a quieting, perhaps a 'soothing serenity'? This can be enough. (Focusing simply on allowing yourself to rest here too, can be freeing, if you are not wanting to change it.)
However, if there is a lingering something appearing in your mind that you are 'wanting to change' at anytime, can you notice from this place of '________________' (a quieting, awareness)? Could you, allow yourself to discover with any goal stated in the present tense, what is an advantage to me of changing "whatever"? ....... what is a disadvantage to me of changing "whatever"?
Also, notice with any problem, to state it in the past tense, and check, what was an advantage to me in it 'remaining the way it is'? What is a disadvantage to me in it 'remaining the way it is'? Each of these four questions have extended/additional questions applied to them in order to free up the feelings around them, for getting into action, or not, from a sense of greater clarity and less angst, for example. They are inspired from some of The Sedona Method book, and this is a sample of some of the coaching that I do, usually one to one, and sometimes small group. (Click here for more on specific coaching.)
Can you notice in the beginning of this post, it was important to 'tune into, or bring forth that 'inner soothingness', a still serenity, innate wisdom or a clearing of the mind, from within. Anytime the mind is 'restless', further releasing questions can be introduced for opening to taking appropriate steps , or not.
So, I hope you have gained some 'peace/ ease' through reading this, and allow yourself to continue to notice those feelings at anytime from right within. Feel free to comment below with any questions or gains/benefits from this post.
1. Have you just finished a day of work from 5am to 7pm with little to none, time for a break? Perhaps there is some issues that your mind just can't seem to be free of ? This post is for you! So now that you have a little quiet time for yourself in the evening (or any specific suitable time), can you allow yourself to delve into the tips and resources within this post that are all aimed for transforming your inner most serene and courageous self. A time to 'declutter' the minds often spinning 'coulda, woulda, or shoulda'. Just know that in any moment, you 'would have', if you 'could have', and 'should have'!! So it can be really helpful to allow yourself to schedule a time specifically for 'decluttering your mind'. If it helps too, grab this free PDF poster "Peace Pamper Hour- In Progress - Do Not Disturb" .
2. We usually all have a natural ability for letting go of any unwanted emotion. This ability can also be enhanced with specific resources and one of the best that I have found over years of personal transformation is the how-to of letting go. Sometimes when we allow ourselves to notice just the feeling that is associated with a particular thought and allow the feeling to release/let go, it can be easier. Here is a direct example and this is just one of many examples. In this moment, can you think of something about your day, today, that you would like to be different? Got something? Now how does that feel ? For example it could be a feeling of 'resistance, disapproved of, even powerlessness. So, whichever feeling it is, could you just notice it, and allow it to be here? (Be sure to actually experience this practical answer). Now , would you like to keep holding onto that feeling for a whole week, for every second ? So could you let it go and allow it to release? Would you let that feeling go if you could let it go? When would you do that? Can you now notice that it is beginning to feel more 'at ease', more free around that initial issue? If you would like to discover more of these type of questions for enhancing you natural ability to 'let go', through guided releasing', simply sign up below. Upon signing up you will receive an instant guided release 10 min audio to experience letting go of any issue, that you would like to feel more free around. Within this audio are tips for quicker and more effective ways of releasing. This guided releasing is inspired by The Sedona Method emotional releasing.
3. Just how do those babies sleep in the middle of the day and even when there is much 'hustle and bustle, noise' all around them? In order to sleep, according to the Dalai Lama, one must have completely 'let go'. A gain, in my experience, from 'letting go' is, the mind is 'at peace', or a 'peaceful presence' is revealed from within. As a young adult working two professional jobs, I was not aware of this inner freedom within. When open to 'decluttering' the mind, there is a clearing of the mind, a clearing of any unwanted feelings associated with losing 'confidence' and sleep, for example, because of another's disapproval of you or even feelings of 'being controlled'. I discovered an extremely effective 'releasing' resource, called The Sedona Method, much later in life. It is scientifically validated, and I discovered it through another friend who shared that she was "free" from applying it. Yet, perhaps it just might be exactly what could bring new found inner freedom, in your life, right now. Click here to find out more.
4. So what are some other very quick and easy ways to allow your mind to 'quieten' and 'declutter'? This is another experiential exercise so see if you can really apply this now. No matter where you are right now, could you just allow yourself to pause? Could you just simply stop in this very moment? Now can you think of a time in your life when you were noticing an exquisite silence? Such as, listening for an ant as it is crawling through the grass in the park, or listening to the small fish swimming at the depth of the ocean? Notice when you really listen for either of those, the mind's "thinkingness" is quietened, rest comes more easily and the mind is 'open' for more solutions .
5. Having applied some of the above tips and experiential exercises can you take some time to go about your evening tasks such as a relaxing bath or even 'foot soak' and play some calming music as you do so. While applying these tasks just allow yourself to really focus on the sounds and tones of the relaxing and calming music. Also, if you prefer not to have any music, see if you can recall some of the 'letting go' questions from 'tip 2' and gently repeat/practise them . Or apply the suggestions in 'tip 4'.
6. Sometimes welcoming the 'feelings we love to feel can also allow the mind to be 'at rest' or 'contented'. So can you think of anything about your life thus far, where you experienced feelings of a 'soothing serenity' or a 'calmingness'. In my experience, when I ask myself this question right now, what comes to mind is; sitting in the spa area of a hotel/resort; walking amidst nature; hiking amidst the mountains; flying on a plane and being able to view the vast sky/clouds; viewing the sunset/sunrise. Can you allow yourself to really feel into which ever situation brings forth that sense of a 'soothing serenity', or a sense of 'calmness', as best you can? Could you also, allow yourself to really feel into that feeling of a 'soothing serenity' and/or an inner peacefulness, or whichever feeling similar to that, you resonate with?
7. The last tip here is to just know that within you is that 'clearing-ness', that we often seek outside of ourselves. Within you is that inner peacefulness and clear presence from 'decluttering' what ever appears to be hindering your own self approval or innate wisdom, in any moment. If you would like to directly experience how this can be applied for the 'how - to ' of decluttering 'what-ever' arises in the moment, you are more than welcome to schedule a 30 min 'demo', free, just click here now! So here's wishing you much inner freedom and serenity beyond the day's 'angst' / 'issues'. Furthermore, you are most welcome to take this post a step further with an 80 minute webinar titled "An Abundance of Peace in 2019. What is not stress?". As much as I would love to present this webinar for free too, alas it is $39.95 AUD, see below to buy via paypal and instantly receive it. (If you really don't have a spare dime and you would love to have instant access to the webinar please contact me via the contact page and I will honour you with a free webinar!
In the 80 min webinar you get:
1. A guided release for letting go of feelings associated with "past stressors".
2. A guided release for letting go of any feelings around any anticipated/future "stressors".
3. Learn and experience the "energy chart of emotions". For example, release feelings associated from "discouragement", and welcome feelings of courageousness, complete and unlimited.
4. Experience 'tips' for "being present" in the very moment of now.
5. Explore, experience and release, what stands between you and 'being' at peace, forever? (This question is 'posed' to bring up any barriers within.)
You are welcome to purchase below and a gentle reminder that a 30 min free coaching session is available any time as well!
May you always choose a life that is surrounded with people who truly bring forth feelings of trust, kindness, harmony, happiness and those feelings that are supportive and nourishing of your mind/body. You do not have to withstand nor 'put up with' anything less than that! Whenever you can, allow yourself 'priority time' for 'self care', and be 'free-er' from the inside, out, when most needed ....... for good. ?
In closing I am inspired to share this inspirational speech by Oprah Winfrey from her Golden Globe Award in Jan, 2018. It is supportive of bringing both men and women together, for moving beyond the need for movements such as #metoo. In other words, it is for supporting the elimination of the very occurrence of any form of violation, particularly sexual violation against women, from happening throughout the world, today. I hope you are inspired to take a stand and support this too. Thank you.
So what is not stress? The first thing that comes to mind, as I write this, is pet fish in a tank/bowl. Next what comes up is a sleeping baby, sunset, sunrise, the stillness of a river, the magnificence of a mountain. So in this moment, what comes to mind for you, when asked the question of "what is not stress?"
Usually these external 'things' when focused upon bring forth a sense of calming peace. Almost as though it is one calming energy. So the above exercise is one quick way that can invoke feelings of serenity/ peace.
Are you open to another quick and easy way to invite up a serene -peacefulness from within? If so, read on ...
1. In this moment can you take the very first "someone or something" that brings to mind, a feeling of stressfulness? Perhaps it just might be something about your lovely self .. that you don't find apparently "lovely" eg- the sight of your body clothed, or not. Perhaps you are "coulda, woulda or shoulda" about your 'past' responses from an old traumatic intimate relationship. Perhaps your judging/disapproving your own beautiful self, based on external beliefs and it has been causing you great "dis - stress" ........
2. Could you just allow yourself to notice that feeling, and let it be here, as best you can? (simply pause and notice ...... )
3. Would you like to keep holding onto that ? Yes/no?
4. So could you simply decide to let that feeling go, and set it free?
5. Could you let that feeling go some more?
6. And even more than that?
7. (and you could also continue to ask - could I let go? ........ and let go? .......and let go........ and let go?) allowing for noticing/pausing - beyond each time releasing/ 'letting go' is happening ........
8. Now check and see. How does it feel now? Usually it will feel much free-er, lighter and or more open. And can you simply welcome that feeling of 'freedom" ..... now, and now, and now! 💕🙏🏽
If you would like some similar introductory rounds of questions such as the above, then this introductory pdf guide on the how-to of releasing, could provide you with some expanded tips for releasing those emotions, quicker and easier. It has two more similar exercises for inviting up that serene peace within and noticing 'what is not stress'! Your email is kept private and confidential.
In my late twenties there was a trend that 'blonds were dumb and stupid'. Furthermore, if you were a "Tasmanian" (born in the state of Tasmania, Australia) you had two heads, were inbred and quite 'backward', mentally!! So where did that leave me? .... I was living and working in the state of Queensland, Australia where these beliefs were filtering through, I was blond, and came from Tasmania! At the time, this external disapproval did not bother me so much. Yet, I noticed some years later, that a friend of mine was quite upset by the "two headed Tasmanian" reference, as she was also a "Tasmanian".
My response to the comment "two headed Tasmanian" used to be "Yes, it's great because I have two heads, so I have two brains, so I am twice as intelligent!" Furthermore, it just so happened that later in life I had a skin cancer removed (42 stitches) from my shoulder which left me with a scar. So I used this as proof that one of my 'heads/brains' had been removed and I was quite disappointed, as now I was just functioning from one brain only! I offered to go with my friend and speak with the person who degraded her, and show them my scar and explain about the benefits of "being a two headed Tasmanian", at that time! Yet, we decided we were enough, regardless.
Fortunately in those two instances I did not 'buy into' those particular external beliefs, and even had some fun with it! Yet, there were times in my life when 'external disapproval' really got to me, and Im thinking this could be the case for you as well. So what is the solution to this? Of course, no one deserves to be degraded, and I would advocate, standing up for how you are feeling for having what is supportive for you, and those around you. Furthermore, it can be very supportive to release the unwanted feelings that come up around disapproval within you, and allow them to dissolve. Thereby giving yourself the feeling of approval and more! This way, you can truly 'be' standing on your own 'two feet', because in some situations, there could be a time when you cannot find someone to support you.
Now the quote in the above image, is pointing to this. It is referring to an unlimited nature that is always within. It is pointing to, inviting you, to take back your 'peaceful power' simply because it feels so much easier and supportive from which to be functioning from. Another exploration is to decide to, (if you are open to it) " let go of ...... allowing yourself to be controlled by that person/place/thing". The best way I know how to do that is through 'freeing up' these unwanted feelings (and more) when they arise, through a simple method that was developed by Lester Levenson. It is the 'how-to' of letting go/releasing emotions and more! I was fortunate enough to learn this method through a mentor named Hale Dwoskin. Who states "don't believe a word I say". I found this supportive, as I could check from within myself, no matter what everyone else was saying, to see what was true for me. This is an unwavering truth, in my experience. I also found it very beneficial to have Hale and his team of Instructors open to the discovery that 'you' are doing the releasing, not them. So, there isn't a sense of 'idol-ism'. The Sedona Method Team, often guide you to notice that there is nothing 'special' about them, or what they do, and Facilitators and Coaches of this Method are invited to open to this as well.
If you haven't already noticed, it is this Method that I am choosing to Coach, with because of its profound effectiveness - to name just one advantage. It is called The Sedona Method. More info here You are also most welcome to read all the free info I have presented on this website from my experience/s and gains of applying The Sedona Method and the teachings of Lester Levenson in my own life. I am forever grateful for it all, and also for another mentor, Jack Canfield, who first introduced Hale, and the Sedona Method, at his Breakthrough To Success seminar in USA.
**Often unwanted feelings , thoughts and beliefs about a particular situation, person, place or thing can be a 'hold back'. It does not allow us to take a priority step for moving forward in a positive direction. Feelings of 'doubt' can come up.
**In this free 11 min free audio and Introductory PDF you can be gently guided to release and 'let go' of any of those unwanted 'doubt' feelings that arise in any moment. You can experience how to 'open' and notice, those feelings of 'inner certainty', inner strength, courage and come from a sense of being 'at peace' for moving forward. Simply opt in below and instantly receive the audio and pdf. No obligations. Your information is kept private & confidential.
Kate Burke is a Certified Professional Coach & Sedona Method Facilitator, with a Ba.Ed. in Health and Phys. Ed. She is the author of 4 ebooks on amazon, and one of her specialties is Confidence Coach for Women.