How does that relate to travels in Japan ? Well, if you get a chance to "Ride the Trains" if you are ever in Japan, then do so! For it is quite amazing what can be experienced. Usually, there is very little noise, if any from the people. Yes, some tune into their phones, others read and some even have a snooze !! Knowing that the background teachings of Japan are Zen Buddhism, and having some experience with letting go and release meditations, a very peaceful presence was noticed. In fact I would recommend just being around the 'nature' of the Japanese people overall, if you ever have the opportunity. So I found it a good opportunity to focus on being very 'present' when on the train and buses!
Now if this peaceful presence is noticeable from the Japanese (and they do not really emphasise it) then it is also noticeable within and from you! When I am dealing with any injustice issues (for example) , this 'peaceful presence' may seem 'covered over' ...... or not ! Either way it is always within! The coaching I do helps to let go of anything that covers that deepest most clear 'at peace' presence, in order to have a better solution. Yet, it's also good to give yourself some 'approval' which ever feelings appear in any moment from within !
I was in Japan for around 1 month and did not tend to do the overly set 'tours' opted for by most 'westerners' so my observations, peace and happiness from the travelling takes a different view. Another point that was quite profound about the "nature' of the people was their ability to move 'from and to' a venue effortlessly with what felt like an ease and flow, just like a river "of people" and that is what it looked like from the top of the elevator!! I happened to be walking to the train passing an event that could take 10 different halls if it needed to and it was right on closing time. It seemed as though I had joined the flow of a thousand people on their way to "Ride the Train" !! Quite amazing to see, and really quite fun to be a part of!! Yet, it was simply walking to the train !! Amazing and fun !!
I was based in and near Tokyo for most of the travels and the point here too is that there can be a 'busy and bustling' of the central city, and yet there is also that 'presence' of the people with many areas focusing on a sense of bringing that feeling of 'peacefulness/ serenity' forth. For example, Japan is well known for its beautiful gardens and green tea. When you source the traditional Japanese diet, it is no wonder they live for a very long time. I found some authentic shopping arcades. They truly were elegant, exquisite and relaxing with some wonderful creativity.
Below are some of the outstanding images I captured . One 'tallest of buildings' is titled 'Sky Tree Tower' which it seems was inspired to be built from its surrounding trees! In another image is Nara Deer Park, where the deer roam freely on the road/ lane ways amongst the people. They will come right up to you and nudge you for food too, if you are holding it in your hands !!
I really recommend that you spend some time in Japan if you ever have an opportunity to travel, for I found the hearts of the people to be very prominently peaceful, wise and kind, especially beneath the surface ...... now aren't you that too ...... and beyond ... ? !!
This year, the fun has already begun because I decided to place together to form a 2020 calendar, some September 2019, "new quotes for new beginnings, now" with images, that I had been sharing on Instagram. It was a joy to capture the images in the moment! The wall and desk calendars are gifts for all family members who do use them in their homes, and for some at work on their desk!
I decided to theme the calendars with a title I am focusing on for 2020 which I have called "Naturality". This is aimed at a focus on discovering your most true, deepest, wise and authentic nature. 'Human nature' in unison with 'mother nature' as we all are living on planet earth (one would hope !!)
It's quite interesting the insights that are noticed by completing a project such as this. One of the aims about discovering a deeper true nature or wisdom, in my experience, is that it can free up feelings such as 'fear' that lead to feelings of 'dis-ease' associated with the body/mind. For example, feelings of tension leads to the body being 'tense' and this could cause injury to happen. Thus, modalities such as emotional releasing, meditation, yoga, tai chi are really becoming very popular because it feels so freeing to experience them. Many teachers are well known for helping many to 'be free' beyond the limits of suffering. Furthermore, if we create from 'fear feelings' ... we will get that. Creating from greater peacefulness and inner freedom will ultimately bring forth more of that.
What I have learned from the calendar project I have just created is that there will be transformation and change/s throughout the world for the best and highest good. Re this project, I was aware of some images within the 2020 calendar that may not be assumed to be in unison with 'mother nature' the way I might 'perfectly' like it to be, right now. Yet , I decided to leave it as it is. This is because, it is an example of this transformation unfolding, and to teach from that 'changing-ness', regarding the focus on "2020 a year of Naturality".
The world is transforming in many ways. Sometimes we will need to note what Nassim Haramein pointed to that, in 1500 AD the world was found to be flat. ('What was'). Then the world was found to be round. ('What is'). Sometimes for change to be happening , it will be as it is, and questions could come forth regarding, what is possible that is more harm free and safe - easy, practical, effective, profoundly beneficial, supportive and a solution (and in unity with mother nature & human nature)? Sometimes feelings of 'guilt and fear' might block ultimate freedom from coming forth easily and with empathy. Sometimes it can be helpful to note that, the 'imperfection is the perfection' and remain open to the mystery of the unfolding.
With regard to one of my images within 'mother nature' and my own true nature, I was really looking forward to a stroll through the big forest and I noticed that within the forest was a quite amazing and enormous 'light show'.
At first I was a little disappointed it wasn't the real forest. At the same time, I was intrigued to see what it was all about. As it turned out, it truly was exquisite, and I felt great happiness and peace, a sense of 'wow' while experiencing the beauty of it all, on my walk. There must have been an enormous amount of work to implement it, and I also appreciated that too. In addition , it really enhanced the deeper true nature within to prevail. This was an advantage.
I am not going to judge and criticize what I see as 'probably' not that in harmony with 'mother nature'. Were trees cleared that may not have needed to be? Sometimes, from the beauty (or not) of what is ..... transformation can happen and evolve. Similar to the world was flat then found to be round! Obviously, when harm is evident that is a different matter! The quote for this particular image was "Now . . . is the best time to feel . . . free!" Also, emphasising the key is 'being present' to fully capture the beauty of the moment, and to create from that sense of "freedom" from within . . . in any moment and beyond, and beyond and beyond . . . !
There is also another image in the 2020 calendar where by some of 'mother nature' is man made, or perhaps "given a helping hand". It's an arch way full of live 'green plants'. When standing within the 'tunnel' of greenery, my true nature felt as though it was begin 'hugged' by the 'peace of nature! It felt joyous, alive and serene. Yes, we do get natural green arch ways in 'mother nature'. Yet, for now, it is what is, and it is quite exquisite ! We do have the ability to 'grow' plants, and perhaps grown in this way, brings forth that 'most true nature' from within ?
Once again, "Naturality" seems to be about the teaching that sometimes, the 'imperfection is the perfection' ... it may transform, or it may not. It is felt that whatever is for the greater and best good of all, will ultimately be transformed and evolve!
You can see the visuals of the calendar below! Enjoy and a very 'happy Christmas' for the 25th December 2019, if you celebrate it and even if you do not ! If you would like a calendar to gift and you wish to join in the focus for 2020, just opt in below and I can send you the details. This is also really about empowering yourself, and the relationship with yourself for greater and best healthy body/ mind.
If you would like more information about my coaching to discover that relationship with yourself and your most 'true nature' from within, you are welcome to find more info here: www.youtransformingyou.com/coaching.html
Why is self inquiry into your most true nature important ? It can clear the mind for a precise focus. Thus, functioning fully happens from deepest wisdom, a clearer reality beyond the influencing of external control, a deeper truth and a profound presence of peacefulness. Just know that there are lots of functions within the body that do not require your control, such as inhale and exhale and the blood circulating around the body is another !
Calendar 1 ~ Family Gifts
Calendar 2 Below ~ 2020 A Year of Naturality! Discovering the relationship with yourself and your most true nature. Mother nature with human nature. Find the monthly focus feeling in the monthly images. A calendar with a difference!
as well as, an audio for "How to let go of holding onto self doubt." Take back your inner peaceful power and be fully present, confident and 'knowing' in the very moment. You are most welcome to sign up for the course below and get instant access. By doing so you are also opting for monthly newsletter information/updates.
Sometimes when we are 'wanting to change' something, we actually do not have that restful feeling of the possibility of it 'changing'. Nor are we feeling into seeing it, as already changed with ease and grace, from which to actually change it ......... and this can cause feelings of great 'stressfulness'.
You may be aware of what is termed The Serenity Prayer by Reinhold Niebuhr. If not, here it is,
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."
So what is change? The earth as it rotates, our body cells as they function, and breathing are all 'ever changing'. So what allows for this 'changing'? What is aware of this 'changing'? It would appear that it is an awareness, as such. What is actually aware, of this awareness?
As these questions are asked ..... do you have an answer? (ask yourself the questions again if need be) Usually, there is not an answer. So would it be all right with you, just for now, to not have an answer? If so, can you notice that through allowing yourself, in this moment, to simply, rest and allow not having the answer to be all right, there is a stillness, a quieting, perhaps a 'soothing serenity'? This can be enough. (Focusing simply on allowing yourself to rest here too, can be freeing, if you are not wanting to change it.)
However, if there is a lingering something appearing in your mind that you are 'wanting to change' at anytime, can you notice from this place of '________________' (a quieting, awareness)? Could you, allow yourself to discover with any goal stated in the present tense, what is an advantage to me of changing "whatever"? ....... what is a disadvantage to me of changing "whatever"?
Also, notice with any problem, to state it in the past tense, and check, what was an advantage to me in it 'remaining the way it is'? What is a disadvantage to me in it 'remaining the way it is'? Each of these four questions have extended/additional questions applied to them in order to free up the feelings around them, for getting into action, or not, from a sense of greater clarity and less angst, for example. They are inspired from some of The Sedona Method book, and this is a sample of some of the coaching that I do, usually one to one, and sometimes small group. (Click here for more on specific coaching.)
Can you notice in the beginning of this post, it was important to 'tune into, or bring forth that 'inner soothingness', a still serenity, innate wisdom or a clearing of the mind, from within. Anytime the mind is 'restless', further releasing questions can be introduced for opening to taking appropriate steps , or not.
So, I hope you have gained some 'peace/ ease' through reading this, and allow yourself to continue to notice those feelings at anytime from right within. Feel free to comment below with any questions or gains/benefits from this post.
1. Have you just finished a day of work from 5am to 7pm with little to none, time for a break? Perhaps there is some issues that your mind just can't seem to be free of ? This post is for you! So now that you have a little quiet time for yourself in the evening (or any specific suitable time), can you allow yourself to delve into the tips and resources within this post that are all aimed for transforming your inner most serene and courageous self. A time to 'declutter' the minds often spinning 'coulda, woulda, or shoulda'. Just know that in any moment, you 'would have', if you 'could have', and 'should have'!! So it can be really helpful to allow yourself to schedule a time specifically for 'decluttering your mind'. If it helps too, grab this free PDF poster "Peace Pamper Hour- In Progress - Do Not Disturb" .
2. We usually all have a natural ability for letting go of any unwanted emotion. This ability can also be enhanced with specific resources and one of the best that I have found over years of personal transformation is the how-to of letting go. Sometimes when we allow ourselves to notice just the feeling that is associated with a particular thought and allow the feeling to release/let go, it can be easier. Here is a direct example and this is just one of many examples. In this moment, can you think of something about your day, today, that you would like to be different? Got something? Now how does that feel ? For example it could be a feeling of 'resistance, disapproved of, even powerlessness. So, whichever feeling it is, could you just notice it, and allow it to be here? (Be sure to actually experience this practical answer). Now , would you like to keep holding onto that feeling for a whole week, for every second ? So could you let it go and allow it to release? Would you let that feeling go if you could let it go? When would you do that? Can you now notice that it is beginning to feel more 'at ease', more free around that initial issue? If you would like to discover more of these type of questions for enhancing you natural ability to 'let go', through guided releasing', simply sign up below. Upon signing up you will receive an instant guided release 10 min audio to experience letting go of any issue, that you would like to feel more free around. Within this audio are tips for quicker and more effective ways of releasing. This guided releasing is inspired by The Sedona Method emotional releasing.
3. Just how do those babies sleep in the middle of the day and even when there is much 'hustle and bustle, noise' all around them? In order to sleep, according to the Dalai Lama, one must have completely 'let go'. A gain, in my experience, from 'letting go' is, the mind is 'at peace', or a 'peaceful presence' is revealed from within. As a young adult working two professional jobs, I was not aware of this inner freedom within. When open to 'decluttering' the mind, there is a clearing of the mind, a clearing of any unwanted feelings associated with losing 'confidence' and sleep, for example, because of another's disapproval of you or even feelings of 'being controlled'. I discovered an extremely effective 'releasing' resource, called The Sedona Method, much later in life. It is scientifically validated, and I discovered it through another friend who shared that she was "free" from applying it. Yet, perhaps it just might be exactly what could bring new found inner freedom, in your life, right now. Click here to find out more.
4. So what are some other very quick and easy ways to allow your mind to 'quieten' and 'declutter'? This is another experiential exercise so see if you can really apply this now. No matter where you are right now, could you just allow yourself to pause? Could you just simply stop in this very moment? Now can you think of a time in your life when you were noticing an exquisite silence? Such as, listening for an ant as it is crawling through the grass in the park, or listening to the small fish swimming at the depth of the ocean? Notice when you really listen for either of those, the mind's "thinkingness" is quietened, rest comes more easily and the mind is 'open' for more solutions .
5. Having applied some of the above tips and experiential exercises can you take some time to go about your evening tasks such as a relaxing bath or even 'foot soak' and play some calming music as you do so. While applying these tasks just allow yourself to really focus on the sounds and tones of the relaxing and calming music. Also, if you prefer not to have any music, see if you can recall some of the 'letting go' questions from 'tip 2' and gently repeat/practise them . Or apply the suggestions in 'tip 4'.
6. Sometimes welcoming the 'feelings we love to feel can also allow the mind to be 'at rest' or 'contented'. So can you think of anything about your life thus far, where you experienced feelings of a 'soothing serenity' or a 'calmingness'. In my experience, when I ask myself this question right now, what comes to mind is; sitting in the spa area of a hotel/resort; walking amidst nature; hiking amidst the mountains; flying on a plane and being able to view the vast sky/clouds; viewing the sunset/sunrise. Can you allow yourself to really feel into which ever situation brings forth that sense of a 'soothing serenity', or a sense of 'calmness', as best you can? Could you also, allow yourself to really feel into that feeling of a 'soothing serenity' and/or an inner peacefulness, or whichever feeling similar to that, you resonate with?
7. The last tip here is to just know that within you is that 'clearing-ness', that we often seek outside of ourselves. Within you is that inner peacefulness and clear presence from 'decluttering' what ever appears to be hindering your own self approval or innate wisdom, in any moment. If you would like to directly experience how this can be applied for the 'how - to ' of decluttering 'what-ever' arises in the moment, you are more than welcome to schedule a 30 min 'demo', free, just click here now! So here's wishing you much inner freedom and serenity beyond the day's 'angst' / 'issues'. Furthermore, you are most welcome to take this post a step further with an 80 minute webinar titled "An Abundance of Peace in 2019. What is not stress?". As much as I would love to present this webinar for free too, alas it is $39.95 AUD, see below to buy via paypal and instantly receive it. (If you really don't have a spare dime and you would love to have instant access to the webinar please contact me via the contact page and I will honour you with a free webinar!
In the 80 min webinar you get:
1. A guided release for letting go of feelings associated with "past stressors".
2. A guided release for letting go of any feelings around any anticipated/future "stressors".
3. Learn and experience the "energy chart of emotions". For example, release feelings associated from "discouragement", and welcome feelings of courageousness, complete and unlimited.
4. Experience 'tips' for "being present" in the very moment of now.
5. Explore, experience and release, what stands between you and 'being' at peace, forever? (This question is 'posed' to bring up any barriers within.)
You are welcome to purchase below and a gentle reminder that a 30 min free coaching session is available any time as well!
May you always choose a life that is surrounded with people who truly bring forth feelings of trust, kindness, harmony, happiness and those feelings that are supportive and nourishing of your mind/body. You do not have to withstand nor 'put up with' anything less than that! Whenever you can, allow yourself 'priority time' for 'self care', and be 'free-er' from the inside, out, when most needed ....... for good. ?
In closing I am inspired to share this inspirational speech by Oprah Winfrey from her Golden Globe Award in Jan, 2018. It is supportive of bringing both men and women together, for moving beyond the need for movements such as #metoo. In other words, it is for supporting the elimination of the very occurrence of any form of violation, particularly sexual violation against women, from happening throughout the world, today. I hope you are inspired to take a stand and support this too. Thank you.
So what is not stress? The first thing that comes to mind, as I write this, is pet fish in a tank/bowl. Next what comes up is a sleeping baby, sunset, sunrise, the stillness of a river, the magnificence of a mountain. So in this moment, what comes to mind for you, when asked the question of "what is not stress?"
Usually these external 'things' when focused upon bring forth a sense of calming peace. Almost as though it is one calming energy. So the above exercise is one quick way that can invoke feelings of serenity/ peace.
Are you open to another quick and easy way to invite up a serene -peacefulness from within? If so, read on ...
1. In this moment can you take the very first "someone or something" that brings to mind, a feeling of stressfulness? Perhaps it just might be something about your lovely self .. that you don't find apparently "lovely" eg- the sight of your body clothed, or not. Perhaps you are "coulda, woulda or shoulda" about your 'past' responses from an old traumatic intimate relationship. Perhaps your judging/disapproving your own beautiful self, based on external beliefs and it has been causing you great "dis - stress" ........
2. Could you just allow yourself to notice that feeling, and let it be here, as best you can? (simply pause and notice ...... )
3. Would you like to keep holding onto that ? Yes/no?
4. So could you simply decide to let that feeling go, and set it free?
5. Could you let that feeling go some more?
6. And even more than that?
7. (and you could also continue to ask - could I let go? ........ and let go? .......and let go........ and let go?) allowing for noticing/pausing - beyond each time releasing/ 'letting go' is happening ........
8. Now check and see. How does it feel now? Usually it will feel much free-er, lighter and or more open. And can you simply welcome that feeling of 'freedom" ..... now, and now, and now! 💕🙏🏽
If you would like some similar introductory rounds of questions such as the above, then this introductory pdf guide on the how-to of releasing, could provide you with some expanded tips for releasing those emotions, quicker and easier. It has two more similar exercises for inviting up that serene peace within and noticing 'what is not stress'! Your email is kept private and confidential.
Kate Burke is a Certified Professional Coach & Sedona Method Facilitator, with a Ba.Ed. in Health and Phys. Ed. She is the author of 4 ebooks on amazon, and one of her specialties is Confidence Coach for Women.