So what is not stress? The first thing that comes to mind, as I write this, is pet fish in a tank/bowl. Next what comes up is a sleeping baby, sunset, sunrise, the stillness of a river, the magnificence of a mountain. So in this moment, what comes to mind for you, when asked the question of "what is not stress?"
Usually these external 'things' when focused upon bring forth a sense of calming peace. Almost as though it is one calming energy. So the above exercise is one quick way that can invoke feelings of serenity/ peace.
Are you open to another quick and easy way to invite up a serene -peacefulness from within? If so, read on ...
1. In this moment can you take the very first "someone or something" that brings to mind, a feeling of stressfulness? Perhaps it just might be something about your lovely self .. that you don't find apparently "lovely" eg- the sight of your body clothed, or not. Perhaps you are "coulda, woulda or shoulda" about your 'past' responses from an old traumatic intimate relationship. Perhaps your judging/disapproving your own beautiful self, based on external beliefs and it has been causing you great "dis - stress" ........
2. Could you just allow yourself to notice that feeling, and let it be here, as best you can? (simply pause and notice ...... )
3. Would you like to keep holding onto that ? Yes/no?
4. So could you simply decide to let that feeling go, and set it free?
5. Could you let that feeling go some more?
6. And even more than that?
7. (and you could also continue to ask - could I let go? ........ and let go? .......and let go........ and let go?) allowing for noticing/pausing - beyond each time releasing/ 'letting go' is happening ........
8. Now check and see. How does it feel now? Usually it will feel much free-er, lighter and or more open. And can you simply welcome that feeling of 'freedom" ..... now, and now, and now! 💕🙏🏽
These simple (very brief ) questions are similar to some of the one on one and group coaching that I do to free up any angst, un-ease or even tense, feelings that sometimes arise from stressful situations.
This 2019 year we commenced the year with a special online event. It was an 90 minute live emotional releasing online event - almost like a 'mini' online retreat - (video and live releasing) focusing on bringing forth an abundance of peace feelings from within. This event was recorded and is available for a very small fee. Yet we don't want you to have to opt in without an opportunity to experience what is within the 90 min recorded event. So here are some free pre - videos with mini emotional releases and an introduction to the how - to of releasing emotions.
Go here for a free 30 minute introductory video on the how-to release emotions with Coaching by Kate. (This is a recommended beginners introduction if you are new to emotional releasing.)
Go here for a free introductory 9 min video. This is a free 9 minute video with an opportunity to directly experience emotional releasing right now. It introduces the 90 min video event so if you would like to experience more peacefulness right now, you're most welcome.
Go here for immediate access to the 90 min webinar - An abundance of peace in 2019. What is not stress?
Kate Burke is a Certified Professional Coach & Sedona Method Facilitator, with a Ba.Ed. in Health and Phys. Ed. She is the author of 4 ebooks on amazon, and one of her specialties is Confidence Coach for Women.